By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

Yes! It's a great value and it is Truman State University  policy that all designated Campus Residents purchase a meal plan each semester.

What are Dining Dollars?

Dining Dollars are cash values included in all meal plans. They work like a pre-paid debit card with funds kept on your student ID card. Dining Dollars may be used at any on-campus dining location.

Do Dining Dollars carry over from year to year?

They are not carried over from year to year.

Do Block Meals carry over from semester to semester?

Block meals may be used during the semester in which are purchased. They do not carry over from semester to semester.

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

Yes! Changing to a bigger or smaller meal plan can be done during the first week of school. All changes must be requested through the Residence Life office  at (660) 785-4227.

If I'm not a Resident Hall Student, where do I buy my meal plan?

If you live off-campus, you can purchase a traditional meal plan by going on line to the Truman ‘web site using your Tru View account.   You may purchase any of the Meal Plan from either Option 1 or Option 2.

What are Bonus Bucks?

Bonus Bucks is Sodexo’s popular Declining Balance Program. Bonus Bucks take the place of cash and may be used in any Mainstreet Market, Jazzman’s Freshens, Convenience Stores, or any of the Resident Hall Dining Rooms. Bonus Bucks are a convenient way to purchase meals or snacks without carrying cash. This Declining Balance Program provides a discount on every purchase made with Bonus Bucks.

How do Bonus Bucks Work?

When you purchase Bonus Bucks, an account is established for you on the Foodservice meal Plan computer.  The value of the Bucks purchased is deposited into your account in increments of $25.00 and coded onto your card and coded onto your Truman State University I.D.

When you make a purchase at one of the Foodservice locations simply present your I.D. to the Cashier for payment.  The Cashier will deduct the purchase amount from your account and give you your new balance.  If food purchases exceed the balance in your Bonus Bucks account, cash will be required at the time of purchase.

Any account balance of Bonus Bucks purchased during the Summer and Fall semester will carry forward through the end of Spring semester.  Any account balance after May 31 will be forfeited.

How can I check how many meals I have?

See how many meals and Bonus Bucks you have left, by registering here: 
In This Section
Important Info

Seconds Policy
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program.  Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites.  All you have to do is ask! 

Please note, however, that there are some exceptions to our Seconds Policy.  This applies to Premium/Steak night, however, you can purchase another meal and have a second steak if you desire.

Lost Meal Cards
Lost or stolen Meal Cards can be replaced.  Should this happen to you come to the Food Service office immediately to invalidate your card and avoid someone else using it.  At that time you will get a temporary Meal Voucher, which will be valid for 3 days.  If your ID Card has not been found and returned to us, you will need to obtain a replacement card from the ID Office located in Missouri hall room 1100.  Replacement fee is $25.00

Do you have particular dietary needs? 
Please let us know!  Our Campus Dining Services Program will work with you on your dietary requirements to try and accommodate, however, additional food or special food cost may be the responsibility of the student.  
For more information, please contact Justin Dreslinski at extension 660-785-4197, or e-mail

Truman State University | Dining Services | 901 S Franklin St | Kirksville, MO 63501 | tel. (660) 785-4197 | Contact Us